Prevent A Stroke With Natural Remedies
By Dr. C. Grefkes, Uniklinik Köln (Grefkes et al.) [CC-BY-3.0 (http://creativecommons.
It is believed that every forty seconds someone suffers a stroke. This is surely not good news. It has become very prevalent even in Jamaica with many victims including very young people who have no inclination that such a brain attack could ever happen at such young age.
Stroke is also referred to as a brain attack as well as cerebrovascular accidents and it is declared as the number three causes of death. Heart disease is the number one killer, while cancer is seen as the number two.
There are different types of strokes such as ischemic stroke, which is the most common one. Ischemic stroke is a blockage by blood clots which prevents blood flowing in the blood vessels to the brain resulting in lack of oxygen to the brain. Another, is a hemorrhage stroke which result in an erupt blood vessel. This kind of stroke will cause bleeding in the brain. These two strokes are very dangerous and can cause death or majorly disrupt a person's life by altering speech, movements of limbs or paralysis, memory, normal behavioral pattern and even one's senses.
A stroke can be caused by many factors such as high cholesterol, high blood pressure (hypertension), diabetes, smoking, heart disease and also obesity.
Natural remedies to prevent a stroke is always practicable.
1. Control high blood pressure (hypertension). High blood pressure is a primary contributory factor to stroke. There are lots of information online and various books to show you how to control your blood pressure.
2. Avoid alcohol. This would be a wise choice. Alcohol can elevate blood pressure and can also cause irregular heart beats.
3. Lose weight. Shedding some pounds is a very good remedy to prevent stroke. So it is best to reduce intake of calories and aim to become more active.
4. Quit smoking. There is a fifty percent greater risk by smokers to suffer stroke than non smokers. Smoking can contribute to hemorrhagic stroke as well as ischemic stroke. All effort should also be made to avoid second hand smoke.
5. Drink water. It is proven that drinking at least eight 8-ounce glasses of water per day can be very beneficial to the body. Also drinking one glass of water before retiring to bed at night can prevent stroke and heart attack.
6. Use herbs. Medicinal herbs that are used to prevent a stroke are periwinkle, cayenne pepper, ginger, goldenseal, garlic, gingko biloba as well as cranesbill.
7. Use fruits and vegetables. Researchers have found that consuming fruits and vegetables can decrease the risk of stroke. They possess folate, potassium, fiber, antioxidants flavonoids and beta carotene. Orange juice which is packed with vitamin C and flavonoids is also good because it can prevent blood clots.
These natural remedies to prevent a stroke can significantly enhance a person's health and reduce the stress of ever experiencing a stroke.
Click here to post comments
Return to Effective Medicinal Herbs Review.
Shopping for medicinal herbs products and more? Visit https://www.medicinalherbs-4u.com/my-shopping-center.html and do your searching in the Amazon search box or order where you see the Amazon ads
Ann-Marie Bulgin-Graham, owner of Medicinalherbs-4u.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.